Sunday, January 31, 2010
These funky socks were designed by nine-year-old Katelyn, a young entrepreneur from White Rock, BC.
Free Toes are great for doing yoga or pilates because they keep your feet warm but still allow your toes to grip the mat. They're also ideal for dance class as they allow the heel to spin but keep the toe slip-free!
We think the one of the great uses for them is at the spa: After a pedicure you have to wear flip-flops but with this cold weather that can get chilly. As the photo above demonstrates, Free Toes allow the toes to fit through the sandal but also keep the rest of the foot warm.
Stop by Skindulgence for a pedicure and a pair of Free Toes!
P.s. You can visit Little Kate's Boutique here!
Friday, January 29, 2010
But if you can't make it to the spa or want to get a little more intimate here are some of the best ways to celebrate Valentine's Day with that special person:
- Take the spa to your home with massages oils, candles and relaxing music! Skindulgence sells all of these :)
- Go out for a romantic dinner at a quiet restaurant or your favourite place to grab a bite
- Spend the day reliving your first date (if it was a good one!)
- Curl up on the couch for a movie marathon and a take-out food.
- Try cooking some exciting foods and incorporate some classic aphrodisiacs.
- Skip dinner and indulge in some chocolate and wine
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Dry Skin is skin that is lacking water and lipids.
Water constitutes 70% of the dermis and is vital to the skin to preserve its youth. All skin types can be dehydrated even those who have oily or combination skin. There are many ways to tell when your skin is dehydrated: If your skin is dull or without glow, rough to touch, lacks elasticity and suppleness, feels taut or uncomfortable or is irritable and reactive you may be dehydrated. If your skin is dehydrated try the effective combination of GM Collin's Hydramucine Concentrate and Optimal Gel or Cream.
When skin is dry, it means it is lacking sebum (oils) as well as water. Sebum is a key oil in the skin's natural protective coating and is essential to lock in moisture. An equilibrium in water and sebum is fundamental to healthy skin! Dry skin can be flaky, chapped, peeling, tight and irritated. There are many ways that skin can become dry. Weather often plays a large factor, as do health issues, improper skin care and genetics. Luckily there are many products that can help relieve taut, dry skin. Try using GM Collin's Lipiad with the Nutriderm Cream from GM Collin or Yonka's signature Yonka Serum or Le Baume for the face.
*These are only recommendations and may not be suited for all skin types. Please speak with one of our qualified estheticians before purchasing, or book a complimentary consultation*
Monday, January 25, 2010
Alkaline Wash by Danne is an alkaline solution used on the hair, generally done in a series of treatments to dissolve the hair progessively over time. this unique service is offered by Tazeem Jamal PMDT. The Alkaline Wash treatment is virtually painless and perfect for that annoying peach fuzz on the face. It is a great alternative to laser! It can be effective to greatly reduce the darkness and coarseness of hair anywhere else on the body. Check out our FAQ on our site here. Don't wait to "shed your winter hair" and book your consultation today!
Laser is a progressive and more permanent treatment by which the laser beam goes into the hair root and cauterizes the root not allowing new hair to grow. The existing hair will then naturally fall out. The technology is virtually painless and your skin colour is not an issue. We offer complimentary consultations to determine treatment areas and cost.
Waxing is not considered a permanent hair removal, but it is very effective in reducing the hair over time. The hair will become less dense and finer in texture. Our waxing experts have many bikini options like a standard bikini line, french bikini line, or full brazilian bikini.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
2) We specialize in result-oriented treatments and we are serious about skincare.
3) Our staff are passionate about their work and it shines through in their knowledge of the products and their expert advice.
4) We offer innovative technology and a rejuvenating touch that has gained Skindulgence an international reputation for excellence and 20 years of client loyalty!
5) We are a personal, boutique spa that knows it's customers by face and name. You're not just our client, you're our friend.
6) We offer exciting promotions that often come with free gifts!
7) We give extremely professional client care and pay close attention to detail.
8) Someone will always have an answer to your question and we will always go the extra mile to make sure we have all the right information so we can serve you the best.
9) We are proud to give back to the community and to support local charities!
10) We offer many unique treatments such as Okanagan Wine treatments, exotic exfoliants and more!
Monday, January 18, 2010
Kabuki Brush - The ideal brush for applying powder mineral make up. The short, dense fibers hold onto the powder and only releases it when the brush is buffed against the skin. No product goes to waste!
Liquid Foundation Brush - A good foundation brush is flat with dense, smooth fibers. It helps to distribute the product evenly and smoothly. Apply foundation from the center of the face and work outwards. This keeps foundation from collecting in the hair line. Don't forget to bring liquid foundation down the neck. Nothing ruins a look like a line of makeup at the jaw!
Powder Brush - The powder brush looks similar to the blush brush, and it is! The difference is that a good powder brush is much larger with soft, more open bristles. It should lightly dust translucent or setting powder over the face without caking it on. Sweep a little extra over the forehead, nose and chin where your face is more likely to get oily throughout the day.
Angled Brush - This brush is optional. If you apply bronzers or cheek contouring powders however, it is essential. Load your brush up with bronzer, tap the excess powder off, then run the brush on a diagonal beneath your cheek bone. For a golden glow, sweep bronzer up along the temples, down the nose, across the chin and under the jawline. Use a light hand when doing this, especially if you have fair skin. The key is to blend, blend, blend!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Mineral Powder Foundation - contains SPF 8. This powder foundation works well as a translucent powder or as a building base for coverage in a foundation. This lightweight powder easily adjusts from sheer to richer, more opaque coverage. It does not irritate common skin sensitivities and camouflages imperfections, such as scars, post-op bruising and port wine stains.
Liquid Powder Foundation - Contains SPF 15. The fluid version of mineral powder foundation. The innovative liquid formula, fortified with our exclusive multi-mineral complex glides on velvety smooth, and sets to a soft powder finish while micro diffusers keep skin looking flawless.
Mineral Sheer Tint - Contains SPF 20. Clinically engineered to multitask as a foundation, sun screen and antioxidant lotion, this ultra sheer cream features an extra boost - multi mineral complex of copper, gold, sodium, cobalt, and other vital elements. Potent anti-oxidants, ginkgo biloba, ginseng and vitamins A, E and C protect against free radical damage while moisturizing your skin.
Hydra-Bright Line Diffuser - The ideal companion for mineral based make-up. Duel action concealer hides under eye darkness, while diminishing lines and wrinkles. No-show coverage is excellent for camouflaging scars, post procedure bruises, hyper pigmentation and other imperfections.
Mineral Powder Bronzer - A light weight powder designed to brighten and color your skin tone, either placed all over the face and neck area, or just on the highlights to give a sun kissed appearance.
Mineral Sheer Veil - An evolution in mineral technology, the mineral sheer veil floats over the skin like liquid light to brighten and enhance like never before. Just one sweep transforms any skin tone from dull to delicately luminous.
Illuminated Concealer - Infused with light reflective particles and botanical extracts that help to relax muscles to reduce signs of aging. It gently conceals fine lines and wrinkles, signs of fatigue, dark circles and other flaws.
1) It is light-weight and breathable. You can even sleep in it! (Although at Skindulgence we believe in morning and night skincare... But in emergency cases we condone it!)
2) Minerals reflect light which helps to disguise fine lines and wrinkles. Old-fashioned liquid foundation topped with powder has a tendency to sink into the skin's creases making wrinkles more apparent.
3) It leaves your skin with a natural, radiant glow.
4) It is long-lasting and water-resistant so touch ups aren't necessary.
5) It sits on the skin instead of being absorbed. Traditional liquid foundation sinks into the skin which can lead to acne, black heads and uneven complexion.
6) Unlike heavy liquid foundations, mineral makeup doesn't feel like a mask. Since mineral make up consists of crushed minerals and natural inorganic colorings there are no added oils. This means that mineral make up is ideal for people with sensitive, oily or acne-prone skin.
If you've suffered bad reactions to traditional make up then it's time you took a look into mineral make up. It works wonders for all skin types!
Monday, January 11, 2010
At Skindulgence we offer the revolutonary Lipomassage by Endermologie to help you meet your health goals. When you hear "lipomassage" you might think "liposuction" but the two are not at all similar. Liposuction is surgical, invasive and painful. Lipomassage on the other hand, is the relaxing, non-surgical, non-invasive alternative to a firmer, more toned body. But the benefits of Lipomassage don't stop there. It also:
~increases blood circulation by 400% (poor circulation can lead to many health issues such as blood clots, varicose veins, carpal tunnel and many more)
~increases lymphatic drainage by 300% (the lymphatic system eliminates toxins from the body)
~helps eliminate cellulite and stored fats
~contours sagging skin
~addresses water retention and fat deposits
Each session is 35-45 minutes long and is pure relaxation. Getting Lipomassage treatments is like going to the gym; With weekly sessions your body will become more toned and firm.
We have a special January Promotion for those interested in Lipomassage. Pre-pay for 10 treatments and pay only $99 per treatment (plus the one time additional charge of the bodysuit). This is a savings of up to 40%!
We hope this offer will give you the motivation you need to get you on the right track to a healthier, detoxified, slimmer you.
Friday, January 8, 2010
- When you book any GM Collin Clinical Facial in the month of January get a FREE GM Collin 3-piece Travel Kit. The Travel Kit includes a cleanser, lotion and cream that will last you about five weeks! It's the perfect size for bringing on vacation or for business trips. Valued at $45.00!
- When you book any Yonka Clinical Facial in the month of January receive a FREE Yonka 2-piece Travel Kit. The Travel Kit includes a cleanser and a lotion that will last about five weeks. It's the perfect way to try fabulous new products in convenient sizes! Valued at $29.95!